Leading exhibition stand specialists, Quadrant2Design, are looking for a highly motivated CAD intern to join their extremely talented, and exciting, Design Team, from June/July 2024.
Quadrant2Design is the exclusive UK provider of ‘Prestige Events System‘, a premium, modular, exhibition stand solution. We specialise in the end-to-end design, production, and project management of fantastic Exhibition Stands at shows all around the world.
We are now in our 24th year, and with a supporting team of skilled designers, you will be working in a fast-paced environment, designing to client briefs, and getting your teeth stuck into real design projects from day one.
You don’t need to be the finished article; instead, we are looking for a passionate student who is brimming with creativity, has that ‘designer’s eye’ for detail, and who comes to work every day full of enthusiasm and ready to absorb the mountains of knowledge that will surround you.
What does the role involve?
- You’ll be interpreting written briefs in order to create beautiful, interesting, and practical 3D exhibition stand layouts.
- You will work closely with our team of in-house design consultants, finalising clients’ Exhibition Stand Layouts.
- Your days will be spend creating concept graphic designs and realistic renders, in line with clients’ corporate branding.
- You will be required to maintain the CAD library of components.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- You must be looking for a placement during Industrial Design or Product Design, with a year in industry (or similar design related course).
- You need to have experience of using 3D CAD programs. AutoCad and 3DS Max are an advantage, but not necessary.
- You will need to be a proficient user of Photoshop, with a good feel for graphic design and layout
- You will have the ability to work to tight deadlines both efficiently and accurately.
What do you receive?
- A full 52-week paid placement – consideration will be given to applicants for a 40-week minimum term, but a full 52 week term is preferred.
- Full training.
- The chance to work for a great, fast-paced company, on new projects every day.
- The opportunity to work on live projects from day 1, seeing your designs come to life in a matter of weeks.
Who do you report to?
- CAD & Technical Manager
After submitting your CV and covering email you will be asked to send a digital portfolio (max 10mb) of your work for review. If you are successful in this first stage of the application process you will be invited to interview.
- Job Type: Internship
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Are you studying a sandwich degree, with a year in industry in the academic year of 2024/25?
Ability to Relocate:
- Poole: Relocate before starting work (required)
- Work Location: In Person
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're applying for a creative role, please include a link to your portfolio.